Privacy Statement on Personal Data
This Privacy Statement sets out how One BB World Sdn Bhd (“OBW”) collect, store and handle personal information (as defined below) of individuals in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) and the laws of Malaysia.
Please read this Privacy Statement pertaining to personal information we may collect from you. By providing your Personal Information to us, you are consenting to this Privacy Statement and the collection, use, access, transfer, storage and processing of your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement.
What This Privacy Statement Explains
The aim of this Privacy Statement is to explain to you the kind of personal information that we may gather from you when you visit our website(s) and/or signed up to be an exclusive member of OBW facility and how such personal information are gathered, processed, stored, used, disclosed and/or transferred and most importantly, your right to access and correct your personal information.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is any information that can identify a person either directly or indirectly. This includes any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact you such as your Name, Address, Identity Card /Passport Number, Contact Details and/or Email Addresses. It may encompass any other personal identifiable information that you may disclose to us. For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, personal information encompasses sensitive personal information which relates to information relating to your health, political opinions, religious beliefs or other belief of similar nature.
What Kind Of Personal Information Are Collected
In order for us to provide you with our Products and/or Services, we need to collect relevant personal information from you and it may include (but not limited to) the following:-
- Identity Card /Passport Number;
- Contact Details and/or Email Addresses;
- Email sent to One Baby World for complaints and/or improvement of our services;
And if you shop online,
- Your Credit Card information and Bank Account details, if applicable;
- Delivery address to which the goods you purchase from our website are to be delivered; and
- The equipment you use when accessing our Products and/or Services (such as your mobile handset, your computer system and platform) when you visit any of our websites (for example the pages you access and the Services and/or Products you browsed)
We wish to inform you also, if you are a shopper at any of OBW outlets, we may also capture CCTV recording of your image when you make a visit to our OBW outlets;
The Source of Personal Information
Personal Information may come from two (2) separate distinct source of information:-
- It may be obtained directly from you, that is personal information that you may have provided us for example, in the application form for OBW membership program, account creation through our website; and/or
- It may be obtained legitimately from third parties or other service providers, to which, you have consented to the disclosure of your personal information.
When And How We Collect Your Personal Information?
We may collect Personal Information directly from you when you:-
- Communicate with us via e-mails
- Register or subscribe to OBW membership or our newsletters
- Participate in any of our surveys, competitions, contests or loyalty program run/organised by us
- Register interest and/or request for information
- Respond to any marketing materials
- Commence a business relationship with us (for example, as a service provider/business partner)
- Visit any of our OBW outlets
- Visit or browse our websites
- Lodge a complaint or provide feedback to us
- Other than personal information obtained from you directly (as detailed above)
- We may also obtain your personal information from third parties we deal with or are connected with you (credit reference agencies or financial institutions), and from such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of information relating to you, and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
How We Use Your Personal Information
As outlined earlier above, the personal information collected by us and identified in this Privacy Statement, may be used for one or more of the purposes provided herein below:-
- To prevent fraud/misrepresentation/abuse of our loyalty program under OBW facility
- To verify your identity
- To assess and process your application(s) /request(s) for our Products and/or Services
- To provide you with the Products and/or Services you have requested
- To administer and manage the Products and/or Services, which we may provide you at your request
- To investigate and resolve any queries, complaints or other enquiries that you submit to us regarding our Products and/or Services
- To manage our networks
- To keep in contact with you and provide you with any information you request
- To notify you about benefits and changes to the features of our Products and/or Services
- To investigate, respond to, or defend claims made against, or involving OBW
- To conduct marketing activities (for example, market research)
- To regulatory bodies or other government authorities in compliance with requirements under the law or towards the detection or prevention of crime and/or fraud
- For any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities
Disclosure of Personal Information
Save in accordance with this Privacy Statement and except as permitted or required under any enactment, law, statute or regulation, we will not use or disclose your Personal Information without any prior consent (implied and/or express).
If you have once given us your personal information, you may receive from us or from our associate companies from time to time sms, email and direct mailings containing promotional materials. If you do not want to receive them, please email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may be asked to indicate your preference before signing up for any of our paid services or business transactions.
What If Personal Information Provided By You Is Incomplete?
In situation where indicated, the provision of personal information is compulsory to enable us to process your application/membership for our Products and/or Services, the failure of you to provide us such obligatory information, will necessitate the rejection of your application/membership for want of information. In such circumstances, we reserve our right to reject your registration and/or application without providing you any reason(s) whatsoever.
Your Rights To Access And Correct Your Personal Information
Subject to the compliance of certain and terms and conditions, we will grant you access to your personal information if it is either:-
- Misleading, or
- Not up-to-date,
You may make a request to us by emailing to email@example.com or dropping into any of our nearest OBW outlets and notify any of our staffs.
We shall endeavor to comply with your request to access and/or made all reasonable correction to your personal information within 21 days upon receipt of the same. Please note, a processing fee may be applicable to comply with your request.
You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information to us about yourself (i.e. personal information) and updating this personal information as and when it becomes inaccurate, outdated or incomplete by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropping into any of our nearest OBW outlets and notifying any of our staffs.
We collect information about your visit of our websites from cookies. Cookies are packets of information stored in your computer which assist your website navigation by customizing site information tailored to your needs. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. You are not obliged to accept cookies. If you are concerned, you can set your computer either to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. However, rejection of cookies may affect your use of our websites as we will be unable to personalize aspects of your use of the website.
When you visit our web site(s), we will record your visit only and will not collect any personally identifiable information (i.e. information that is about you and identifies you) from you unless otherwise stated. Cookies used (if any) in any part of our web site will not be deployed for collecting personally identifiable information. For your information, Cookies are small computer files that can be stored in web surfers' computers for the purposes of obtaining configuration information and analyzing web surfers' viewing habits. They can save you from registering again when re-visiting a web site and are commonly used to track your preferences in relation to the subject matter of the web site. You may refuse to accept Cookies (by modifying the relevant Internet options or browsing preferences of your computer system), but to do so you may not be able to utilize or activate certain available functions in our web sites.
Links to Third Party Websites
Please be informed that this Privacy Statement applies solely to One Baby World Websites and does not apply to any third party websites you may access from our websites. To determine how they deal with your Personal Information, you should ensure that you read their respective privacy policies.
Updates to Our Privacy Statement
We reserved the right to amend this Privacy Statement from time to time and the updated version shall apply and overrides any and all previous versions, including but not limited to, leaflets or hard copy versions.
Please check our website regularly for additional information on our most up-to-date policies and practices that may be applicable to you.
Our Contact Details
Should you have any queries, concerns or complaints in relation to this Privacy Statement, kindly email us at the email@example.com at the following contact points:
Designation: Customer Service